Thanks a lot for taking the time to watch our video and checking out our crowdfunding platform. We are Solomon and we are about to record our Debut Album. But that is not all, we are also releasing a mid-length Music Documentary that captures the years leading up to this big milestone in our careers. We’
Thanks a lot for taking the time to watch our video and checking out our crowdfunding platform. We are Solomon and we are about to record our Debut Album. But that is not all, we are also releasing a mid-length Music Documentary that captures the years leading up to this big milestone in our careers. We’d love to tell you a bit more about our band, our album, our documentary, our team, and how you can contribute to making our dream a reality. 😊
We are a band from Maastricht. Our melancholic yet hopeful music stems from a shared fascination for inner struggle and the need to give it meaning. Our sound is the result of actively embracing our musical differences and viewing our unique composition of members, ranging from Pop/Rock to Jazz and Contemporary Composition, as strengths.
Since our first performance in 2019, we´ve been very lucky to have received amazing reviews resulting in a series of shows in and around Limburg, TV/Radio interviews/performances, and quite recently a nomination for the Limburgse Popprijs 2020.
The last two years have been a huge learning curve/experience for us. We’ve invested every bit of free time to keep on growing as a band. Releasing our first songs, dealing with the corona crisis, saving every euro we've earned to reinvest into our music, which has brought us to where we are today. We are now ready to record and release our debut album, with a team of incredible people we’ve picked up along the way. 🤩
For the writing of this album, we drew inspiration from our shared fascination for inner struggle and the need to give it meaning, the unpredictability of the future, the different perspectives everyone can have on a similar situation, and the constant duality between your intuition and your intellect. The goal to write an album that partly functions as the soundtrack to our documentary is an exciting undertaking that offers endless possibilities on an artistic level and continues to challenge us.
In the summer of 2020, We isolated ourselves from the outside world in a chateau in northern France to take the first steps in the creation process, writing several pieces of music and making a first song selection. We experimented with new synthesizers, jazz influences, and more free songwriting techniques. Since the first steps in the creation process were taken, we have been busy preparing for the demos. In this phase, the music takes on its concrete form. These demos were then used to find the right producer, mixer, studio, and other partners to complete the album with. Now the music is ready to be recorded and our team is complete, we cannot wait to find ourselves in the studio in the Belgium Ardennes to see everything come together. 😁
Even before the pandemic, documentary maker Lennart Kleinschmidt started capturing our journey on film. The documentary follows us on a two-year road to international success, highlighting the challenges a beginning band faces.
“What does it take to make the leap, to become a professional band and build a business purely based on trust, equality, and friendship? The road to success is narrow and winding and has many unexpected twists and turns that can derail relationships and dreams. Conflicts can arise when the band has to decide on management, record an EP and an album, sign contracts, and most importantly, find a normal balance with professional life.”
As the final stage of this documentary, we will record our debut album. This completes the story of a group of young musicians who found each other in the city of Maastricht, tried to conquer the region as a band, and finally made their first international steps.
For this documentary to be as unfiltered and honest as possible, it is very important to us that we don't see the captured footage and have no say in the editing process. We gave Lennart complete trust to portray our journey as sincere as possible, so that young bands and others get a true view of what goes on behind the scenes. You can imagine it’s incredibly exciting and a bit frightening for us to finally see Lennart's interpretation of our journey once the final edit is done. 😶
Here’s a proof of concept video to give you an idea of what you can expect from the documentary. Enjoy!
We feel incredibly lucky to have such amazing and talented people around us. As a team, we are all about equal and open collaboration and strive to learn from each other wherever possible. We try to actively share our collective knowledge with young musicians because we believe this is very important. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or you’d just like to get in touch. ✌
- Mixer/Producer: Christophers Elms. Christopher is a renowned mixer/producer originally from the UK who worked with artists such as Ben Howard, Bjork, Alanis Morissette, A Blaze of Feather, and many more.
- Studio Engineer: Francis van Dijke. Francis is a young and passionate studio engineer and producer working at the Volver sound academy. In 2020 he mastered our EP and will now join us in the recording process of our debut album.
- Audio Technicians: Maikel Koenen & Melvin van Kalsbergen (MK-Audio). MK-Audio provides technical support throughout the entire project and ensures that the creative process can run as smoothly as possible. As permanent live show technicians, it is ideal to be able to make the translation to live shows in the future.
- Photo/Videographer: Mitchell Giebels. Mitchell is a young but already successful concert photographer that regularly collaborates with major international artists. Mitchell joined Solomon on his own initiative and has been a true asset to the team ever since.
- Videographer: Jake Gilroy. Jake is an all-around filmmaker with assets ranging from concept development to production, adaptation, and post-production with a specialization in music videos.
- Documentary Maker: Lennart Kleinschmidt. Lennart started making his first films at the age of 10. After winning several youth film festivals, he built up a portfolio that varies from travel and social documentaries in Mongolia to music performances in Maastricht.
- Management: Roy Alberts (Blueberry Music). Roy has been our sounding board since 2019, a solid pillar in forging future plans, and actively supportive during decision-making processes. Roy used to work with artists such as Moke, Blaudzun, 2unlimited, Ch!pz, Glennis Grace, Boudewijn de Groot, Kraak en Smaak, Ramses Shaffy and many more.
- Label: Fred van Kruining (Meet Me There Music). Fred will add his expertise to the team regarding the whole distribution of the music and is actively involved in the A&R side of our releases. He worked/works with artists such as Chef'Special, Sven Hammond, Van Morrison, De Staat, Bear's Den, Iggy Pop, Tame Impala, SONS, Major Lazer, Tamino, Mac DeMarco, Lakshmi, and many more.
Recently we founded Stichting Solomon. A foundation that aims to stimulate the connection, collaboration, knowledge sharing, and development of/between musicians and organizations in the Euregional music scene. With the album sales, we hope to realize more projects that stimulate local, regional, EU regional, and international connections. We have a lot of ideas and dreams on how to realize this and are always open to brainstorm and share ideas. So please reach out if you’d like to connect! 🤗
As for a lot of the goals we’ve set ourselves in the past two years, we’ve never done crowdfunding before and we, therefore, have absolutely no idea on what to expect. Starting this crowdfunding comes with mixed feelings since one of our goals is to become self-sustainable. However, we believe that if we manage to reach our goal, your donation will be a huge impulse to continue building our careers, an international crowd, connecting people through our music, and creating an experience that will bring joy to many people's lives.
As you can see on this page, we have come up with various rewards in exchange for your donation. Ranging from an album copy, a private music lesson, a concert, your name or your company's name mentioned on the inner sleeve of this album and documentary, and much more. We hope there’s something in there for you as well! ❤️
Thanks a lot for taking the time to read our story. Your support means an awful lot to us, Thank you!❤️
If you have any questions or would simply like to reach out:
Love you guys!
Een donateur13-09-2021 14:23
I hope this donation will help you reach your dreams and ambitions. I wish you all the best!
Roy Moonen9-09-2021 10:40
Awesome band and dudes!! 😎